Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hart, MI

Has anyone dealt with the sciatic nerve acting up when dealing with an endo flare-up? Double ouch!

November 9, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

My sciatic nerve was inflamed due to endo in the crevice of my abdominal wall and pelvic floor muscle. The pain caused the muscles to tense up and eventually pull on the nerve etc. I had the endo excised and am in pelvic floor physical therapy and things are going great! I used diazepam (vaginally) for 30 days to help relax the muscle and I am weaning off it now. It is much better than taking oral muscle relaxers that make u feel so "blah" and target too many muscles.

November 9, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yeah it goes down the front of my leg... really hurts my knee.. lower back.. tail bone pain from nerves and tight muscles kill me. Had surgery 3 weeks ago and i feel worse everyday. Going to pain management. Sigh

June 26, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I deal with this everyday! The pelvic pain runs down my inner right leg and gives me pins and needles so badly that I limp and it hurts a lot to walk! My research says it is extremely common with endo

The only thing that helps me is staying off of my feet, if I stay on my feet for long periods of time I am guaranteed to have it the entire next day

November 9, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks for the comments ladies!! Very helpful, and I'm glad I'm not alone!

November 10, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

not sure about sciatic but my lower back and tail bone are painful- hard to sit...

November 9, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In