Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, ON

I'm super excited to be giving a public talk on endo next week! My audience will be a mix of endo sufferers, those who know little to nothing about it, and those in between. What topics should I be sure to cover? What would you want those who know little or nothing about endo to come away with?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

February 27, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

An endo talk that's great! I think we need people to talk about this problem because it's still seen as "bad period cramps" when it is actually a real disease that can turn into a terrible nighmare for some of us. So I would make sure to talk about a little abut the biology of the disease because most people have no idea what it actually is.
Many women, and I was among them, feel ashamed and weak to say that they faint because of the pain and society, gynecologist included, don't help.
Like @VictotiaButler said seeing a specialist in endo is very important, and I will add to find a specialist in endo who actually listen! I had the best specialist in my area and she almost let me die of an infection because she didn't have time.
Well that's it for my part!
Have a good talk :)

February 28, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

People must knoe to see an Endo Specialist, not just a gynae, specialists in endo are the only solution, and if you haven't had a baby, and still want one, have an egg count before any surgery, we are born with limited stock, every surgery loose eggs....

February 28, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I have an AWE. I never heard of that, prior to my dx. I don't have endometriosis of my reproductive organs (fingers crossed that this is still the case). I am scheduled for an excision of the endometrioma on 3/18. I wish there was more info on AWE. Regardless that it's rare, there should be more studies on it!!

February 27, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In