Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

I just had my 2nd lap (first one was 2 years ago), my new doctor is saying no signs of endo but that I have major bowel adhesions that will require more intensive surgery that could not be done laparoscopically.

My first doctor who completed the lap in 2016 was able to remove all bowel adhesions during the lap and said that they were caused by endo once the test results came back.

Why is my new doctor saying that I have no endo symptoms even though I have adhesions again? I understand that… read more

May 12, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Was this doctor an endo specialist? Because to me it sounds like the endo did cause it, seeing as you have the adhesions. Endo is microscopic, we only see the damage and effect it has on our body so I would reccomend a second opinion <3

May 14, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Exactly

May 12, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

You can always push for a second opinion!! Listen to your gut feeling.

May 12, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

The doctors seems to think my problems are from the adhesions too. I have it behind the bowel & bladder. This seems to be pretty common from what I am hearing. I'm not sure bc I am wondering the same thing. Is my problem adhesions from many surgeries or is it the adhesions but endo does cause adhesions. Do you have pelvic pain bc that is a sign & do you have bad pain when your on your period. I don't have periods but I do have the pain. Is your dr. a specialist.It took 6 months from my last lap in 2016 to start getting pain so it does not always show up fast. I know the more surgery, the more adhesions. My doc in 2016 also said no endo so that's why i'm going to the Mayo Clinic to a dr. that knows endo. I'm so sorry. I hope you don't have to have an open wide. I guess if it gets in places where they can not get to, then they have to do open wide. Best of luck to you.

May 12, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Providence, RI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In