Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Batesville, AR

The doctor thinks I'm going to have to have a hysterectomy because I have so much endo adhering my uterus and bowel together. However, until I recover from my laparoscopy, he is talking about putting me on meds to stop my hormones to try to stop cycles until next surgery. I don't know much, he talked to my boyfriend while I was in recovery, and will talk to me at my follow-up. That's 2 weeks away and I was just wondering if anyone had these types if medications before or any story to share… read more

August 23, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Also ask your doctor if you need to stop the meds a certain period before the next surgery. Some doctors want you off the med to make any endo easier to “find”

August 23, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Sometimes, if there's a probability of a hysterectomy they'll prescribe something like zoladex which temporarily puts you into menopause. This prepares your body. I'm on zoladex for 3 months with the most likely outcome being a hysterectomy. There are other drugs that do the same thing it just depends on location and the gynae.

August 23, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hello! Do you know the name of the hormone therapy? I am on Visanne a progesterone only pill but I’m in Canada they don’t have it in the US. Did your doctor suggest Lupron or Mirena iud? My doctor won’t give me a lap but rather says the hormone med will shrink my growths, and control my pain which if sort of is helping but a lot of side effects. I would google the heck out of the medicine and read genuine reviews, but don’t go crazy doing so . Unfortunately doctors will say there’s little or no side effects but it’s just not the case usually. I’m on month three and nine are dizzy spells, and mood swings. But a lot of my pain is gone

August 23, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In