Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Normal, IL

I've been reading a lot about weight gain and endo, but I've actually been losing weight (not a significant amount as I'm a smaller person, but a few pounds in the last few months). I think its because I know I've not had the appetite I usually do when I'm not having all the pain, but wanted to see if others experienced similar issues or if the majority of women with endo gain weight. I've also been experiencing some nausea some days and don't feel like eating much on those days. Anyone else… read more

January 22, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I know recently I experienced loss of appetite and nausea. In fact, I'm kinda dealing with it today too. Anyway, I think any weight change is normal with endo.

January 22, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I also gained a lot of weight and also read about weight gain with endo. I would be happier seeing myself back down to 120lbs, before i had endo! Now feeling discourage not knowing what to eat,how much to eat to lose the weight. It would be nice to have a meal plan,nutritonist...but cost! Does anyone have any suggestions?

January 26, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I gained weight before my last surgery, but now am actually dropping weight because of nausea and loss of appetite. It was weird I had constant nausea previously 24/7 but had weird food aversions to where I could eat really bad food only (like fast food and chips or whatever) so put on weight with that and bloating too. It’s so weird how much it varies. I’ve been drinking nutritional drinks to make sure I’m getting at least some good stuff in

January 22, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes! I've struggled for a long time to get myself back to 130lbs. Freshman year of college I got mono and I lost 20 pounds. It was downhill from there, but within the past 6 months I've finally hit 130. I would recommend finding a nutritionist who can help you come up with a plan to bring your weight back up.

January 22, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In