Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
England, AR

I'm wondering how many others suffer with both conditions at the same time?

I've been really struggling with joint pain for a few years now, particularly in my knuckles, wrists and knees. I've recently booked a doctors appointment, but before that I've been doing a bit of research myself and found out that Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto-immune disorder. Everyday I'm becoming more and more convinced that Endometriosis is also an auto-immune disorder, there's too many connections - for me anyway… read more

April 21, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members connected over the possibility that endometriosis may be an autoimmune disorder, sharing their experiences with joint pain that flares... Read more

Members connected over the possibility that endometriosis may be an autoimmune disorder, sharing their experiences with joint pain that flares alongside endo symptoms and noticing patterns with other conditions like allergies, thyroid problems, and vaccine reactions. Several members described coexisting autoimmune diagnoses including asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, diabetes, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, and chronic rhinitis or sinus infections that often appeared around the same time as their endometriosis symptoms. A recurring theme was the frustration of delayed diagnoses and the validation found in realizing they were not alone in experiencing these overlapping inflammatory and immune-related conditions.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

It really does seem to act like an autoimmune disorder. I have a peanut allergy, chronic GI signs, react badly to some vaccines, and chronic joint soreness. I'm now starting to think my endo is the reason for my chronic joint pain. Maybe it's why I need to go to the chiropractor all the time? I bet it makes my tolerance for pain low too

April 21, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

It's interesting that many have commented about rhinitis. I have a history of sinus infections that started when I was around college age and had GI issues start at the same time... I bet it was endo all along.

April 27, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member Thanks for sharing! It's funny that you mention rhinitis as that's something else I have problems with - it often turns into atrophic rhinitis and ends up with countless doctors trips to heal. Being on here has helped me massively, I now realise I'm not alone and just how many are struggling with similar things to me

April 25, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

this is not all of the disorders but just common ones

April 24, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Well America is no better. It took many years before a dx. But prior to being dx i was dx with allergic rhinitis which i had never had until i was in my MID 30's. I had just started a new position as a NP and I noticed that usually women with endometriosis would have other auto immune illnesses such as asthma, MS, ra, lupus, diabetes type 2, hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, HS, Eczema.

April 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gilbert, AZ

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saskatchewan Canada