Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My gynecologist told me that she is certain I have endometriosis as well as pcos, with all my symptoms fitting them perfectly. But she also informed me that it would require surgery to confirm it so that I can get the treatment needed. I can’t take time out of work or college to do the surgery and life is miserable living it in pain and sleeplessness all the time. It’s not just a matter of missing out on work or school, it’s the money too. I can’t afford to be off more than a day, and I’ve been… read more

December 29, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

From my understanding, the only way to confirm is the internally visually confirm that endometriosis is present. Endometriosis cannot be seen on ultrasound or mri - in some cases it can be highly suspected bc scarring / adhesions can cause organ displacement or you can see large endometriomas (cyst made from endometriosis tissue) but it will be documented as a potential endometrioma or hemorrhagic cyst because it still can’t be confirmed that it is in fact endometriosis without visually seeing it. Sorry you’re going through this. My doctors refused to do surgery to confirm and now all my organs are scarred together and I wish someone listened to me and confirmed my diagnosis sooner

December 30, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I can't answer why but I agree that it is ridiculous and unfair. I had the discovery surgery just to get told "yes you have it" and had to have the excision surgery 3 weeks later. Such a waste.

January 7, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question in Newly Diagnosed group 💭
London, AR

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Louisville, KY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In