Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Goldsboro, NC

I have adhesions on my bladder and have reached the point where I feel like I can't empty my bladder completely. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what did you do about it? I constantly feel like I have to pee!

July 4, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

YES! I had adhesions on my bladder to the point of straining to pee and having to go so frequently, also burning sensation almost like a constant bladder infection. Unfortunately the only option is to have surgery to remove the adhesions. I had surgery last week and OMG - I can pee again! It's like niagra falls lol (sorry for TMI).

July 6, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Not to scare you, but I would consider getting check for interstitial cystitis. It is a common bladder condition that is often found in women with endometriosis. I have it, and they do a potassium sensitivity test to determine if you have it. The test sucks because it involves a catheter but the medication I'm on (Elmiron) which I take everyday really lessens my bladder issues (besides what issues are caused from the endo). Drs typically often prescribe another medication that is kind of expensive but it is worth it. It's called Uribel. It's taken as needed (up to 4 times a day everyday!) for bladder/urinary tract pain and it works wonders!!!

July 12, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks, I will look into it.

July 10, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

If you are able to, look in to Dr. Dulemba in Denton, TX and AmnioFix, the barrier method he uses for adhesions. It made a huge difference on how quickly i healed from surgery as well as preventing my adhesions from growing back. I know it may not help everyone, but its TONS better then intercede or seprafilm. It's the only one made from human tissue so that the body doesn't recognize it as a foreign body.

July 9, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Nice! I have the constant feeling of needing to go. I went to an appointment today and am now scheduled for an ultrasound on August 17th. I also have a cyst about the size of a grape, on my right ovary.

July 6, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, AZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In