Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Richmond, VA

Does anyone out there have both interstitial cystitis and endometriosis, have good information on both endometriosis and interstitial cystitis and how they relate and effect eachother. I have both and I'm not doing well I'm in pain ever day most of the day. And I don't feel like my gyn really understands my situation as he only addresses the endometriosis. He makes me feel like I'm making up my pain and symptoms. Very depressing as this only makes me feel more alone and hopeless.

July 28, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I would recommend getting a 2nd opinion if you don't feel your current gyno is helping you the way you need/want them to. You have to do what's best for you and that might mean seeking help somewhere else. You also might want to see a specialist for the cystitis as well since that is a different area than the reproductive organs. Also, I've heard acupuncture is a great way to treat the pelvic pain. I haven't had to use it myself but I've heard of many others using it. Just a thought...

July 30, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I see a gyno and a urologist. They work together and share info. I still am in constant pain but at least I am FINALLY getting consistent pain management thru meds and therapy.

August 23, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks for your help. I will look for a urogyncologist.

July 29, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I have not been diagnosed w IC yet although I'm pretty sure they will find it. It appears so far to me from what research I have done that u will have to see 2 doctors.

July 29, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I think most male doctors don't really care bc they don't really understand the pain !! There's no way they know how we feel !

July 28, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sutton Coldfield, UK

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Molena, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In