Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tombstone, AZ

Does anyone ever get swollen and painful glands in the groin with their endo? I recently noticed this on my left side. It is noticeable to the touch and is scaring me a little. I am not feverish and show no signs of infection. I admit, I freak myself out a lot worrying about cancer because I also have ovarian remnant syndrome that worries me about turning into cancer. I see my surgeon on the 14th of January and I am scheduled for a robotic surgery to remove more endo and hopefully find the… read more

December 15, 2015
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members confirmed that endometriosis can cause swollen and painful lymph nodes in the groin, with several explaining that chronic pelvic... Read more

Members confirmed that endometriosis can cause swollen and painful lymph nodes in the groin, with several explaining that chronic pelvic inflammation from endo can trigger the body's natural lymphatic response, especially during ovulation or menstrual cycles. Many members shared their personal experiences with sluggish lymphatic systems diagnosed alongside endo, with practical suggestions including reducing inflammatory foods, taking omega-3 fish oil, drinking detox teas, and tracking when swelling appears in relation to hormonal cycles. A recurring theme was the emotional toll of medical anxiety and feeling dismissed by doctors, with members offering reassurance that these symptoms are real, connected to endo, and worth discussing with specialists who understand the disease.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

YES, I too have been struggling with a sluggish lymph system for many years, and have been told by my specialist that the two are related. Endo causes so much inflammation in the body, and especially in the pelvic region that severe flareups can cause the groin lymph nodes to swell as the bodies natural reaction to fighting the inflammation. I can suggest trying to limit inflammatory foods in your diet, using a good sourced wild fish oil as Omega 3's are natural anti-inflammatories and using Yogi Detox tea to help flush your system. Hope this is helpful! BE WELL!

December 17, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes X I was diagnosed with a sluggish lymphatic system way before endo diagnosis but I know they're connected. Groin lymph system are particularly painful. Xxxx

December 17, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member - I stumbled across this thread, and if it helps, I had a swollen lymph node in my right groin last August. It popped up 2 or 3 days before that period started and lasted till about ovulation for me. It was about two finger widths wide, and painful.

June 4, 2020 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

How did your surgery go? Did you get an answer from your specialist?
I know it's over a year later, but I only joined the site about ten minutes ago for the specific reason of asking whether my endo might be causing my lymph nodes to swell and ache.

April 17, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I am experiencing the exact same thing, and I'm so glad you mentioned it. I didn't even think about the fact that it could be as a result of the endometriosis, seeing as I have Crohn's disease as well, and I thought it might be related to that. The pain in my glands in my groin area seem to come and go, though, not sure why...

October 12, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gilbert, AZ

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Edmonton, AB

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In