Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Hi ladies, which one would you go for to see if there's endo presence inside you (so to speak :).. MRI or CT scan?
I have an opportunity to get one of these 2 free of charge tomorrow. Let me know about your experience. Thank you.

P.S.: I know the laparoscopy would be the best option, but I can't have that one at the moment.

January 11, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

MRI but probley won't show up. If you can please go get the lap. Only 100% way to really knowing. GOOD LUCK!

January 14, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Ultrasound and MRI. I haven't had success with a CT showing much stuf but then again i had it done a long time ago. A few weeks ago I had an MRI of my abdomen and pelvis. They found ovarian cysts on both ovaries where the ultrasounds didn't show anything. I will say if you are claustrophobic....you need to tell them before the MRI. I freaked :/

January 12, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I dont know that eather will show anything but the mri is your best bet.

January 12, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hi @A MyEndometriosisTeam Member my specialist told me that you are only able to see the tissue through laparoscopic surgery. Out of the two the MRI would be the better option, but I don't know if either would show. Best of luck!

January 12, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

These aren't effective in showing endo, key hole is what gives you 100% diagnosis.
If you are absolutely riddled then it may do Hun jx

January 13, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In