I had the minera coil fitted on the 1st of August and have been bleeding non stop since previous to this they found cysts should I be worried or is the bleeding normal ?
@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member I know how you feel, and honestly that's the same reason I didn't want to have it. I wanted to know my fertility situation 100% but eventually pain won and I got the Mirena. My doctor told me that the only way to know if it's working is to keep it in for about 6 months and by then periods should slow down or stop and pain should lessen, so now I am just waiting. My follow up appointment is at the end of the month so I'll ask then what he thinks.
Ah right well the heavy bleeding has stopped finally just had spotting most days which is good :) how do they know they the coil is slowing down the endometriosis ? I am really worried for my future for when I want kids as I'm scared it's not going to work and will affect my fertility even more just wondering as you have had yours longer and want to know if they can see it's working , thanks :)
I have the IUD and I was advised by my GP I could have ongoing bleeding for upto 3 months. Everyone's bodies react to them differently some peoples periods disappear completely some people only bleed lightly and some people find no change with their regular cycle. Hoping things settle for you soon!
When I had my Mirena coil fitted I bled for like 2 weeks, then everyday spotting and some light bleeding for about 2 months. I'm almost 3 months in now and I've only recently stopped spotting.