Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

Do you exercise regularly?

I have a few good days every month, where I feel like I have so much energy and life is good. I try to workout on these days but it's always a mistake as I get endo pain a couple of days after. The pain after excercising is the worst! I see a difference in pain levels when I do nothing compared to being more active.

How do you stay active and manage the pain?

March 28, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Sorry, hit add when I didn't mean to and I can't delete it!

Anyway ☺ I do mostly strength training and I have 3 set workouts I do once a week each for 6 weeks. Fatigue is my worst symptom most of the time, so I have to be really careful not to overdo it. When I'm having a tired (but not toooooo tired), day, I'll still do my workout, but use lighter weights and/or bodyweight. I may also do fewer sets/reps. I get some movement in without taxing my body too much. Light and lower impact cardio could be good too (walking on the treadmill, swimming, elliptical). I think you're definitely on the right trackwith reducing symptoms with exercise. You could also consider taking ibuprofen or a natural anti-inflammatory (turmeric, tart cherry juice etc) before working out to see if that helps. That being said, I was just sidelined for a week bc I had a bad bout of fatigue from working out and was in bed for 2 days; unfortunately nothing is foolproof, but it really makes a difference over time. I hope you find something that worksfor you 💪

March 29, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member that's a great idea too, especially if you sit all day for work. Sitting really takes a number on our spines! I have a foam roller at home and a mini one in my office and it's helpful. Good luck!

March 29, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks ladies for your answers! Maybe I'll try strength training and try not to push myself too much. Right now, I'm just trying to force myself to walk around during my 30 minute lunch break (otherwise I sit at my desk all day).

March 29, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I love to exercise!

March 29, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hunlock Creek, PA

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boise City, ID

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In