Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

Hi ladies,

I have stage 4 endometriosis and had my laparoscopy nearly 4 weeks ago now! I had endo deposits on my bladder which were removed and I was fitted with a catheter for 5 days after, once I was discharged from hospital they took it out! I am now on day 3 of having a new catheter fitted and the hospital think some nervs have been damaged as I am unable to urinate on my own! Did anyone else have any issues with their bladder after surgery? X

August 15, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with bladder complications following endometriosis surgery, with several describing similar struggles with... Read more

Members shared their experiences with bladder complications following endometriosis surgery, with several describing similar struggles with urinary retention, nerve damage, and repeated catheterization that lasted weeks or even months. Many members offered practical advice, including staying well-hydrated, advocating firmly with medical teams for proper follow-up care, and understanding that healing can take longer than expected, especially when endo has attached organs like the bladder to the uterus. A recurring theme was frustration with inadequate aftercare and communication from hospitals, balanced by deep empathy and solidarity from others who have walked the same difficult path.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member
Hi lovely,

Yes I did to thought it was all part of the healing process, but the weekend just gone was pretty awful! I ended up in a&e because I couldn’t release any urine from the bladder so they put a catheter in and sent me home! I have no idea what’s going on or when it’s coming out and I now have an infection in my bladder 😩! I hope you start to feel better soon xx

August 15, 2018 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I Know that is what is happening to me also.Took my husband to help me demand more care.I think Next Wed.A cystoscopy and bladder funtion maybe.

August 15, 2018 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member I'm so sorry, that just sounds awful. I really hope things start to improve... I don't know if we'll ever be free of fighting this but at least we have each other. Sending you positive vibes, hope you get some answers and things start to improve x

August 15, 2018 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Oh gosh sounds like you’ve been through it! I feel so bad for you! But happy your bladder is finally working! Don’t get me wrong I always knew there would be some sort of complications but I find i never get enough information! Before my operation I was told I may need a stent put in due to the amount of endo I had in and around my bladder. But when I woke up they said they hadn’t put the stent in and instead inserted a catheter! Since the operation I haven’t been able to pass urine properly and now I have a catheter back in! I just know what’s going on or how long I’m supposed to have it in for! Xx

August 15, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hi, I had stage 4 endo removed from my bladder, I had my catheter removed before I left hospital and I still occasionally feel like I'm having trouble. It's only been 4 weeks for me too so I wonder if this is normal healing?

August 15, 2018 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Montreal, QC

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sierra Vista, AZ

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In