Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fulton, NY

I’m looking for input on cbd oils without thc. Which brands work best and what mg should I start with?

August 21, 2018
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with CBD oil for pain management, with many reporting significant relief from endometriosis, adenomyosis, and... Read more

Members shared their experiences with CBD oil for pain management, with many reporting significant relief from endometriosis, adenomyosis, and chronic pain within days or weeks of starting. Several members recommended specific brands like Care By Design, Papa and Barkley, and CBDfx, with starting doses ranging from 6mg to 25mg daily, noting that CBD derived from hemp contains no THC and won't cause failed drug tests while CBD products with small amounts of THC may provide enhanced pain relief in states where legal. A recurring theme was frustration with ineffective non-opioid pain medications and the need for CBD to build up in the system over time, with topical applications providing faster relief than capsules.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I have just started with CBDfx 60 mg dose / 10 ml bottle = 6 mg of cbd per ml . I am doing about 6mg a day ( 1/2 a dropped full is 3 mg morning and night ) and I know it’s a super low dose compared to some but I have only been using it for 3 days so I wanted to see how my body reacted and honestly, I’ve never felt better .

Within mins the little pains are gone and usually within 30 mins my whole body feels like a different person. I am getting along at work better while doing daily activities and I’m sleeping without constantly waking up .

I know it’s only day three but it had been a life saver !

August 23, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I appreciate all the info. I did spontaneously buy some oil that had great reviews. Today is my first day on it. I actually found myself with more energy and less pain. Of course I had already taken my pain meds before it had arrived so we shall see how it works for bedtime. I will look into all the other brands mentioned

August 23, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hello! The brands I use are Care By Design and Papa and Barkley. Care by Design has drops, capsules, vaporizer cartridges, chocolates, and topical creams. Papa and Barkley focuses more on topical pain relief, and they carry bath salt soaks and pain relief patches (kind of like Icy Hot) as well as different body oils and creams.
I like the 20mg capsules from Care by Design with a ratio of 18:1 CBD to THC. These are perfect for work because there is no psychoactive affect, though I do get a body high which helps a lot with pain and muscle spasms. I've noticed that it needs to build up in my system in order to be effective, so unfortunately it does not work for me on the first day of a pain flare up.
I also use a topical cream from Papa and Barkley with THC and CBD oil on my stomach, lower back, thighs... wherever needed. The topical oil begins to provide relief VERY quickly! The ratio of THC to CBD is 3:1. This does contain THC and it smells a bit like cannabis so it's not ideal for work days.

Hope this helps! There a lots of options to choose from and mixing and matching can be very effective :)

August 23, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

As far as the thc goes there are ones out there that say it can’t be found in your system. I know a co worker of mine got a script for it from her doctor that helps her with her anxiety. Of course that’s NY. I’m noticing some differences in my pain but it’s hard to differentiate what is doing it for me. My pain meds or the oil.

September 1, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member
It can be confusing. Hope this helps clarify some concerns people are having

CBD is the anti inflammatory, pain reducing chemicals of the plant and THC is the psychoactive part we are use to associating with marijuana. Hemp and Marijuana are actually very different plants even though they derive from the same family. Hemp has no psychoactive components but carries all the same CBD benefits

CBD made from hemp has no THC, this is legal to buy in all 50 states and because it is derived from hemp you can't fail a drug test because hemp contains no psychoactive properties of THC.
If you are lucky enough to live in state with legal marijuana or medical marijuana even a small amount of THC with CBD can increase CBD effects and give more pain relief while not making you high. However if you don't live in a state where it is legal you can only purchase Hemp CBD

September 5, 2018 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bathgate, UK

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭

CBD

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Belleville, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In