Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Long Beach, CA

so im extremely bothered and upset.

I had went to urgent care on sunday, and she sent me to the ER. she was afraid of my ovary twisting and dying or appendicitis.

So i go to the ER, (i tried a different one, just to say i did, theyre worse than the one i usually go to.) So the ultrasound tech told me i had cysts on my ovaries and on my uterus. But in her report, she said everything looked fine. I had asked the NP, why am i in so much pain if nothing is wrong. She said it could be… read more

August 26, 2020
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone frustrated by conflicting medical information after an ER visit dismissed ovarian cysts the ultrasound tech had... Read more

Members rallied around someone frustrated by conflicting medical information after an ER visit dismissed ovarian cysts the ultrasound tech had verbally confirmed, urging her not to give up despite seven years of searching for answers and feeling dismissed by doctors who seem caring at first but grow distant over time. Several members shared hard-won strategies, including seeking second and third opinions without mentioning previous doctors' conclusions, bringing a trusted person to appointments to validate symptoms, asking for referrals to specialized obgyn surgeons or endometriosis excision specialists, and exploring income-based payment plans or alternative insurance pathways at reputable medical centers like Cedars Sinai. A recurring theme was the painful reality that finding a doctor who truly listens and believes you can take years and dozens of attempts, but persistence and self-advocacy are essential because the right care team does exist and is worth the exhausting search.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

You need to get all the answers you need, if dr 1 doesnt make sense. You go to dr.2, go to as many drs as you can before you decide on any surgery. Before I was diagnosed with endometriosis, I went to many drs I lost count. I just told them my symptoms and never said what the previous dr said.

August 26, 2020
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Honey, I feel you! I'm not gonna lie, it took me years, almost a decade to finally find all the right drs for me who actually believed in me and not accused me of drug seeking...this whole techs, nurses and drs telling us one thing but writing another in our charts, I don't understand it, but yes they do it and it pisses me off!!! My advice is even though you want to give up, DONT! Just going to have to put more pressure on these drs and trying time find you an actual Dr who knows what they are doing. Most drs are not good. They might be smart, but they are still human and if u aren't text book most dismiss u and give up on you. But I promise there are great drs out there. Few. But they exsist. Just gotta keep going to them till u find the right one who truly listens and cares. You will be in my prayers for sure. Has your primary ever referred you to a obgyn specialist? Thats so important. I had to beg drs to do surgery on me in the past. Actually most of them till I finally found the right ones for me. Remember you are the only one who will take your pain seriously at first, but you don't give up on finding the right drs!!! I've been in your position I get how hard it is. But things can only be is bad for so long. Love your way!!!!

August 26, 2020
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

And I'm 36 and have been dealing with this since I was 14. Going to hundreds of drs,tried every single ERs around the state, and outside. It was so frustrating feeling like I was getting no where. But finally these past 5 years or so, I finally found all the right team of drs. I'd love to help in any way I can. Where do u live?

August 27, 2020
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member
August 30, 2020
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I know I've had great general surgeon over the years but does not do gyn stuff. We all are here! Love, hugs and prayers to all my sisters on here!

August 30, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Centurion, ZA

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Savannah, GA

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Montreal, QC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In