I recently had a laparoscopic surgery last month where my OBGYN found pelvic adhesions on my ovaries, but no endo implants. He said that if my pain comes back, I’d have to do the Lupron shot for any underlying endometriosis. I seemed to have been recovering well until I switched my birth control pill and have been having a heavy period and it seems that my pelvic pain has come back. Is this pain due to post surgery or just the birth control?
No your not suppose to have any pain after Laparoscopic surgery, it sounds like the endometriosis is growing back. I had Laparoscopic and a myomectomy (for fibroids) surgery. The fibroids and stage 4 endometriosis grew back right away. When I had my period weeks after surgery, it was so excruciating, I wanted to pull my insides out. Pain meds the doctors prescribed didn't do much. Stage 4 endometriosis is the worse kind. I doctors removed cyst on each ovary, I had scar tissue growing every where, my surgeon had to separate my intestines because of the scare tissue and implants from the endometriosis, my intestines was clumped together.
I wish you luck, it's not easy😭😭
I had they same thing happen I had many adhesion and most didn't come back positive for Endo and I am still very sick. my obgyn told me that the Endo can be microscopic and be on the nerves so it causes a lot of pain. sometimes stage 1 Endo can cause more pain than stage 4. i'm so sorry your having pain I totally understand. have you considered and IUD? I no longer have periods with it and it helps my pain a lot