Connect with others who understand.

sign up log in
About MyEndometriosisTeam
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Is There A Point In Meeting With An Endo Specialist If Surgery Isn’t An Option?

Is There A Point In Meeting With An Endo Specialist If Surgery Isn’t An Option?

I had ablation surgery two years ago and excision surgery in February. Both of which didn’t help with pain much but needed to be done to remove a cyst. Both also occurred in the middle of a school semester, the later occurring during my final semester of my undergrad taking 18 credits and I was out for over a month. Now I’m in my one year masters program and my pain, though always unbearable, has reached new heights. Having to be on campus all day is killing me and I feel like I’m getting… read more

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member said:

I highly recommend you search for a gynecologist who is willing to look at the big picture with endo. It can wreak havoc all over your body, not just around the female organs. A specialist should be able to help you better manage your pain and narrow the field of possibilities. There are a million and one things that could be causing your pain after surgery including a number of accompanying conditions that often persist after surgery like adhesions, occult hernias, PCS, PCOS, IC, adeno and more. It could also be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency which is super common in women with endo. Or another related auto immune disorder could be increasing your inflammation. It could be a combo of multiple things mentioned above. Point is, you need a doctor who is willing to spend time with you to help you figure it out AND help you better manage your pain until you have answers. If you think any of your pain might be related to your muscles, you can also do pelvic floor therapy. When your muscles are constantly contracted in pain, it can destroy your pelvic floor muscles. A skilled PT can help you retrain and then eventually strengthen your muscles. They can also help with any surgical related adhesions if you have any. I don't know what kind of pain you've been in, but i hope you find answers soon.

edited, originally posted 19 days ago
Already a Member? Log in
MyEndometriosisTeam My endometriosis Team

Thank you for signing up.