Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Indian, AK

Does endometriosis cause rapid heart rate, specially after eating food? Every time I eat a meal these days my heart beat increases to upto 135 beats per minute. Sometimes it increases for no reason. My heart is fine, I wonder if they are connected.

May 23, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

same here ! also happens when after I eat, or take a nap (it wakes me up and it feels like I'm running out of oxygen !), or sometimes for no reason when I'm tired.... I went to see a cardiologist who placed an ECG Holter for 48h, found that my heart reaches 160bpm sometimes.. he said it was due to stress and prescribed beta-blockers that I don't want to take cause they tire and I'm already feeling tired almost all the time... both him and my gygy said it is not endo-realted, but I think it is... might be due to the generalized inflammatory state or to neuralgia caused by endo...sending lot of love for you guys ! hoping that someday there will be a serious medical care for us !.. xx

May 29, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I hope you feel better and someone in this group can help us. They prescribed beta blocker to me as well but I fell more sick after it, so I stopped it. I used to feel something rushing in my body or some sort of panic attack or something triggering in my body the moment I would take it. I hope someone here shares something that helped them which can help us too.

May 29, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member Do check if you are getting panic attacks. I used to get panic attacks but I know for sure this issue that I am facing now of heart beat suddenly jumping to 135 bpm or so after meals specially is not related to panic attacks. It seems to be related to endometriosis or hormonal imbalance, I checked with my cardiologist and gynaecologist, they both said they are not related but I don't think so. Also, whenever I masturbate the same problem happens after few hours, my heart beat goes up. It all seems to be related to gynae problem but no doctor is able to confirm that.
Thank you for your response and I hope you feel better!

May 23, 2023
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

This makes lightbulbs go off in my head!!!!

I will be sitting resting and my heart rate will randomly jump up from 80-90 to 120-140 for no reason. I’ve been seeing a cardiologist and they had me on a monitor for 7 days and performed a POTS tilt table test (i feel like I’m going to pass out if i stand up too fast or if I’m doing something in a stagnant standing position with my head down for example cutting/ peeling potatoes standing at the counter- it makes me feel like I’m going to pass out)

the monitor came back normal results and my tilt table test as well. SO WEIRD. I wonder too if there is a connection

May 23, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charlotte, NC

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Salt Lake City, UT

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Auckland, NZ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In