Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 23, 2015
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

My GYN didn't want to help me with my paper work. I have filed for the second time. The first time I did it on my own. This time I have a lawyer. Endo is not a disability in the eyes of the system. It is sad really. We didn't cause to have this disease. Yet people that caused their disability, i.e. drunk driving can get disability.

September 29, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member I know how you feel. I am unable to work as well. When I do get out of bed, to go grocery shopping or even just to take a shower, I have no energy left at all. And the pain hits even more hard. I have no money at all. My mom is supporting me. By buying the things I need. The lawyer only gets paid if I win. And they get paid out of the money that I win.

October 1, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

my GYNE surgeon filled out my disability paperwork.

September 25, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member My attorney deals with disability cases. I was given a list of attorney names by SS that deals with disability when I went through the first case. And my attorney was the only one that would take me on half through the case. I lost the first case. I hired my attorney when I refiled. Didn't cost me anything the first time, cause I lost.

October 24, 2015
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

yes, how did you find a attorney?

October 7, 2015

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question in Newly Diagnosed group 💭
London, AR

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reading, PA