Does anyone else have pain all day every day. I constantly feel like I'm on my period every day cramps 24/7 365
No doctors will believe me now im being told to go to a family doctor it can't be endometriosis and pcos it has to be related to something else but this constent pain only started after I was diagnosed. After bleeding for a whole year for the doctors to diagnose. The pain is becoming to much. And being told it's not there or they don't believe me.
I was in pain all day, most days for a few years. This was after I had excision surgery (I have PCOS, endo and adenomyosis). Since the first operation didn't help, I realized I needed a different approach to my health like @A MyEndometriosisTeam Member. I saw a naturopath and we fixed up my gut, got rid of inflammatory foods (gluten, cow dairy, sugar/too many carbs) and she prescribed LDN. Low dose naltrexone helps autoimmune conditions and also helps PCOS, endo and helps your gut too. I am forever grateful to have found a doctor willing to prescribe it for me as it turned my whole life around. It works slowly but I now have only 1 day of pain when my cycle starts. I wish all doctors who treat endometriosis would try low dose naltrexone first. It makes me happy to see more women on here finding relief with it.
I’ve been there more times than I like to count myself. After two laparoscopies in two years that barely helped I had to look outside the box. I’ve been seeing an ARNP that has her doctorate in functional medicine an DM specializes in women’s health since November and I cannot believe the results! They do comprehensive bloodwork that checks all hormone levels. Then we get to work. They put me on a supplement called Dim Detox that binds Estrogen and helps excrete it from the body. They also prescribed low dose naltrexone which off label is used for inflammatory disorders. They use it in Multiple Sclerosis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer. The combination of these medicines and going gluten, dairy, and egg free has been game changing. They also tested me for food allergies and it turned out most of what I was eating I was allergic to and was causing chronic inflammation in my body. For example, I used to drink almond milk, snack on hard boiled eggs, and have green beans with dinner. I’m allergic to ALL three! Plus several other foods. Once I stopped poisoning myself life’s has improved greatly! I still get cramps and fatigue but I no longer live in my bed with a heating pad for company depressed that I had no quality of life and was missing out on time with my friends and family. I highly recommend finding a functional medicine specialist in your area!
Don’t fight the disability recommendation! It’s your friend. It doesn’t have to be for life just while you are working on getting better. I have intermittent FMLA to cover my treatment appointments and to ensure I can’t be fired due to absences. I still work but now I’m not killing myself trying to make up hours putting more stress on my body and feeding the inflammation monster. I highly recommend utilizing the resource! Especially if they are offering. In my experience I’ve had to bed doctors to help me with it and they are all super resistant to it because of all the paperwork involved. Keep at it, and take Andy and ALL the help you can get!
That's what I'm doing girl we all need to just keep pushing this disease and make people listen ! You are so right ! I'm going for another surgery to check my endometriosis then a specialist which I have been to 12 diffrent obgyn I think at this point no one told me there was an endometriosis specialist till now but if she sees in surgery it's not equal to the pain,she said I need a family doctor cause they want me on disability which is frustrating cause I'm 25 I'm only 25 I don't wanna do that.
But I know if all of us keep pushing it keeping speaking out one day someone will listen and we will one day get answers !!!
Request an appointment with another healthcare professional - don't accept anything less - it's our right as a patient to seek a 2nd opinion or 3rd , 4th , 20th etc our health matters of these supposed professionals are not listening then time to move on and keep moving on till find someone who will listen this disease is often dismissed , played down when in actual fact it is a serious disease and the longer left , the more irreversible damage it causes to organs, nerves , fertility etc that can then lead to permanent problems that cannot be undone due to medical neglect 💛