Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Estero, FL

I have been doing a lot of research for the laparoscopy, and I have read that as oppose to burning off we should really be getting excision. How do you go about find a doctor that does excision as oppose to the burning? Also is there a pain difference/recovery difference between these two methods? Thanks for your help! I’m so glad I found this site. I’ve felt really alone in all this before I found this site.

March 21, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

If you haven’t already, sign up for Nancy’s Nook Endometriosis Education page on Facebook. It’s a private group with a lot of resources including approved Endometriosis @Excision specialists (who don’t use ablation techniques) that they have vetted across US and internationally. My first laparoscopy was with an obgyn who did not specialize in endo or excision who used ablation and my pain was horrible after that surgery, worse than before I had it. I didn’t know any better that there was a difference in removal techniques at the time. Since then I did a lot of research and used the list of surgeons on Nancy’s Nook to find a trained excision specialist and my recovery and pain levels after my 2nd surgery were significantly improved. It’s worth waiting to see a true endo specialist in my opinion. Good luck to you!

March 21, 2018 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hunlock Creek, PA