Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Freeport, IL

Has anybody on here had success with the mirena? I've been bleeding heavy
constantly for 3 months now. I had mirena inserted a month ago. It slowed the bleeding down but dont seem to look as if it will ever stop. If this dont work I have to have a ablation. If that dont work Hysterectomy.

July 8, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I had my uterus ablated.....best thing ever for bleeding. I used to wake up thinking someone slaughter a deer in bed with me. Only wore black pants 7-10 days of the month. But the ablation did nothing for the pelvic pain.

After years of drs searching for the issue.....I had a lap at the end of May. Confirmed Endo plus adhesions all over my bladder.

Even after surgery I still have pain.

So I am going to try the IUD.

July 13, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I've had mine for 4 years, it made a massive difference for me, but I did bleed for a long time at first, as the hormones of worn off my low back pains back, by gynae told me some women can use up all the hormones from an UID in a couple of month proving it useless, other women use the hormones over years. They never tell you that when they insert it. So most of the time women need to have if changed more often and early.

July 12, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Ive had good success with mirena. First 4-5 months was irregular, almost constant, bleeding. After that it slowed right down and now I only get a very light period every 3-4 months. The mirena isnt for everyone. Doctor says it is normal to take about 3-4 months to adjust. Maybe see how it goes and if its not right, go to plan b. :) all the best!

July 12, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks and Good luck! Joining this site has helped me a lot. Hugs to you all

July 13, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks ablation is my Drs second option if IUD fails me

July 13, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Manchester, UK

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Parma, OH