Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reno, NV

Anyone diagnosied with adenomyosis and endometriosis? Did you just do a hysterectomy? Was your doc worried about uterine cancer at all? How were you disgnosised?

Thanks!

February 9, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their varied experiences with adenomyosis and endometriosis diagnoses, with several describing hysterectomies that... Read more

Members shared their varied experiences with adenomyosis and endometriosis diagnoses, with several describing hysterectomies that significantly improved their quality of life, while others expressed hesitation due to concerns about early menopause or the desire to preserve fertility. Many members described chronic pain, heavy bleeding, and difficulty maintaining careers and family roles before surgery, with one member expressing deep regret for waiting so long to pursue treatment. A recurring theme was the emotional complexity of deciding whether to proceed with hysterectomy, balancing the relief from debilitating symptoms against personal circumstances like age, fertility goals, and the ability to tolerate hormone replacement therapy.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I had a friend who had adenomyosis. She had a hysterectomy NY Presbyterian and hasn't had any problems since.

February 10, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

When I had my lap they thought it was likely that I have adeno as well as endo based on how my uterus looked. My uterus is always enlarged whenever I have an exam and my doctors always say they think I’m pregnant. Soooo sad when you’ve been trying for years and never managed to once get pregnant 😭
I refuse have my uterus removed. I can’t handle hormones at all so it would be straight to menopause for me. I control my pain with diet and lifestyle, supplements and low dose naltrexone with the help of a naturopath.

February 9, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I honestly don't know. For me, I was in chronic pain and I couldn't be a wife, friend, sister, or most sadly, a mom to my kids. I was barely hanging onto a career I had worked so hard for. So for me, it was an easy choice, with no regrets. It gave me a second chance at Life. My only regret is all the suffering I did putting up with the pain for so long. If I could change anything I would have done it at age 36, that was when the pain and insane amount of blood, was not chronic. Why did I just let myself decline and suffer so long? I don't know.

February 9, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes, I was diagnosed with both, adeno confirmed after hysterectomy, it was all through out so I couldn't have even saved my uterus anyway, no concern of uterine cancer was mentioned to me. I kept my ovaries. I got a hysterectomy may 2018, gave me my life back. I havent yet experienced any of the scarey stuff you read online, not even the weight gain.

February 9, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks for your honesty!

February 9, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Seattle, WA

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Reading, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In