Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newark, DE

I haven't had laparoscopy yet but my doctor is putting me on Orilissa, claiming she needs to shut everything down before she can do the surgery. I am worried about the side effects but she is also putting me on Duavee which is for treating symptoms of menopause. Has anyone else found Duavee helpful during the basically induced menopause from Orilissa? (other info- I am 23 and have never undergone any endo treatment besides hormonal BC when I was a teenager)

April 19, 2019
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks for your help. I know everyone reacts differently to these things so it's hard to trust sweeping opinions from people who are all in different situations and have different versions of endo. I have read posts from people who felt way better with Orilissa combined with excision surgery, which is my treatment plan. I have also read absolute horror stories about Depo Provera, yet I was on it for 3 years and it was fantastic for me. I am willing to go to NY but it would be way way preferable to stay local since I'm in grad school full time year round. I'll have a follow up appt with my current doctor soon to go over my exam results so I will bring up my concerns about her methods then.

April 19, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I have joined the Nook and finished the required learning posts but cannot read any comments on posts other than Nancy's comments... I'd like to read what other people have to say but their comments don't appear for me?

April 19, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes! Run away! That is not true. Go find someone to do the laparoscopic look!

April 19, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

My doctor is an endo excision specialist

April 19, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mio, MI

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Newark, DE

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boise City, ID

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In