Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am struggling to find the PDF, but I have heard there is an elimination diet some people with endo have found success with that's also used by people with IBS symptoms, at least at reducing digestive symptoms.

Have you tried it, or found anything else diet-wise that's helpful?

I can't exactly eat the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apples, toast) for two weeks out of the month, if you know what I mean.

Does anyone with digestive symptoms have anything diet wise that they've found helps? I'm willing… read more

July 17, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded to a question about anti-inflammatory and elimination diets for endometriosis and IBS symptoms by overwhelmingly... Read more

Members responded to a question about anti-inflammatory and elimination diets for endometriosis and IBS symptoms by overwhelmingly recommending the Low FODMAP diet, which involves eliminating trigger foods for 4-6 weeks before gradually reintroducing them to identify problem foods. Several members shared practical dietary strategies that helped reduce their symptoms, including eliminating gluten, dairy, and processed foods, adding probiotics and high-fiber foods like berries and sweet potatoes, incorporating anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric, and following Mediterranean or autoimmune protocol diets. A recurring theme was the importance of keeping a food diary to track personal reactions, recognizing that everyone's triggers are different, and making gradual changes rather than attempting a complete diet overhaul all at once.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

The Low FODMAP diet might be what your referring to. I know I have found it helpful in many ways.

July 17, 2019 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I've been trying to do the diet mentioned in the "Endometriosis Health and Diet Program" - it's a book written by an Endometriosis clinic owner and it not only answered a load of questions i had, from whether a hysterectomy would help to beneficial supplements, but it also details an extreme diet he puts every patient on that lowers the inflammatory state every Endo patient is in. Even if the diet doesn't sound good, the info contained within was AMAZING!

July 19, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

The Mediterranean diet is good and Turmeric for the whole body has been a huge help for me.

October 8, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Try to avoid really fatty foods and too much salt. Fatty foods do not agree with me most days and salty foods can make me bloated.

July 17, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

This cookbook has really helped! I've noticed the anti inflammatory diet really helps tone down my IBS symptoms and inflammation overall. Still in pain but it helps.

November 10, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In