For the past 5 years I've been experiencing painful periods with lower back pain, pelvic pain, headaches, and nausea. Sometimes when I have a sexual intercourse there's a burning sensation in my pelvis that tends to linger on for quite some time afterwards or having a intercourse in general is often times painful. I have never been diagnosed with endometriosis but I would like to hear from someone that has to see if they're experiencing the same issue. Oh and also I have the Mirena IUD and I… read more
Yes this is quite common. I'm an endometriosis blogger, I here is one of my posts with a list of symptoms (although thoracic symptoms had to be put in a separate post, ran out of room).
https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5CNZ6DGvW/
I recommend writing down any of these simpsons that you have then joining the Facebook group Nancy's Nook Endometriosis Education they have a list of top endo specialists. Youu can call their offices to ask about health insurance and consultations and whether you need a Dr to refer you. Oftentimes you don't due to the fact that most drs don't even know that endo specialists even exist so they're used to patients finding them on their own. Good luck!
Well I actually believe I was taking norethindrone a few months ago after orlissa but before slynd, it was causing me chronic acne which just heightened my anxiety and stress levels. So far Slynd seems to be working without side effects. One other side effect I experience with these meds is trouble having orgasms. [Which is something I never had issues with my husband, ever]
I have the Mirena to help pain during my menstrual but it wasn't helping 100% with the pain during sex. I've tried Orlissa and the side effects were worse than the help it gave me. I'm also taking another pill now called slynd to help with my monthly ovulation pain. It helps but I still have symptoms just not as excruciating. Hope that helps, good luck.
@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member - God bless you too! I hope you get help & feel better soon! I will be posting more on instagram & facebook about pain relief, diet, etc. 🙂
Same issues. It hurtsnso bad that I could not have intercourse. I had surgery in nov of 2020 and it was everywhere. I was cut on in 17 places. It was fine until February of this year. Now it is back to hurting and etc. Coming up on another surgery. I had the burning and etc