Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Saskatchewan Canada

I get pain in my joints, mostly in the joints in my hands, sometimes also in my elbows, knees, and feet. Does anyone have something similar? Is it just the endometriosis? I’m beginning to think I have rheumatoid arthritis as well as endometriosis, but I don’t know how to get an evaluation for that, or if a diagnosis will even help me to feel better.

March 6, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members deeply connected over experiencing joint pain alongside endometriosis, with many sharing that hormonal changes, particularly... Read more

Members deeply connected over experiencing joint pain alongside endometriosis, with many sharing that hormonal changes, particularly perimenopause or surgical menopause from hysterectomy, significantly worsened their symptoms in hands, knees, shoulders, and hips. Several members strongly recommended seeing a rheumatologist for proper evaluation, sharing their own diagnoses of conditions like psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, and lupus, while others found relief through physical therapy, biologic medications, hyaluronic acid injections, and regular exercise despite the difficulty. A recurring theme was the emotional exhaustion of navigating multiple overlapping health conditions and the vital importance of not dismissing joint pain as just endometriosis, with members offering solidarity and encouragement to pursue answers even when the diagnostic journey feels overwhelming.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I also had chest pain last year and after getting a bunch of workups done they said it was referred pain from having gastritis. I seems to have just a full array of health issues. It's very exhausting. I just got diagnosed with Endo and I think the decision surgery I just got done will help but I know how you feel when it comes to the rollercoaster it is when you have health problems. I do think it's worth talking to your PCP maybe they can do some testing or atleast refer you to a rheumatologist

March 10, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I just had a partial hysterectomy for adenomyosis and re-exision for endo. I'm having joint pain but also have fibromyalgia.

I suggest seeing a good rheumatologist.

March 7, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Can I ask if you are perimenopausal or menopausal? I started to experience it when I got my hysterectomy with the endo excision. It greatly affected all my joints and connective tissue right after. I developed frozen shoulder, Dupuytren’s, Cervical Radiculopathy, joint stiffness, etc. all within a year. I felt 80! My hormones were completely depleted. Working on balancing them to help improve. Still a challenge, but I felt my body was falling apart.
I’ve done a lot of physical therapy along with it and it is improving. But I would check with you Ob/Gyn. Endo definitely messes with your hormones, even without a hysterectomy.
I thought I had some autoimmune disease, etc. I got checked for everything too.

March 6, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I totally agree! ❤️

There are therapists/psychologists who can help with the chronic pain aspect in an attempt to target all the symptoms in a cognitive way. Some swear by it - others didn't have much help. The main goal is to limit the helplessness and frustration around it which can help lessen the pain.
Interestingly, the more stress the more pain so attempting to mediate the cognitive load can do wonders with the physical pain. Although may not eliminate completely 😒

May 19, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I have not seen a Dr about this but I also get pain in my shoulders, elbows, hips and knees.

May 18, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In