Booked in for my first laparoscopy in 9 days. Just wondered if anyone had any advice of what to expect and any tips for afterwards. Trying not to feel nervous :S x
Hi, I've had 3 laparoscopies and each time I've recovered relatively quickly. Please be firm with the after care team (in the nicest possible way๐) if you're in pain, as you & you alone know your own body. Each time I've had about 6-8 months pain relief but I've always taken about 4 weeks to recover fully before retuning to work.
Good luck x
I was absolutely terrified for my surgery, I had it done in November. It really is not as bad as you think it will be. Naturally we make things seem much worse in our heads anticipating it to happen. The best advice is to really let your body heal, two weeks is what I was out for, and it had attached to my appendix which was also removed during surgery. It's one of those, you may think your better but you aren't completely there until those weeks are done. Slowly go back to day to day activities. No matter what, if you can handle the pain of endometriosis, you can handle just about anything. Good luck!
Hi there, i had my lapro done august 2015, i was very nervous too but it wasnt at all what i thought it would be. I got in there made me wait an hour then i was in the surgery room and woke up like where am i. Didnt want to move. After it took about two weeks for my incisions to heal. I was down for about 4 to 5 days. He prescribed me hydros for the pain which helped me alot. Good luck!! ๐
Thanks that's really helpful. I'm a teacher and have arrange 2 weeks off as the little children might knock and hurt me and I don't want to risk it x