Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Halifax, UK

Booked in for my first laparoscopy in 9 days. Just wondered if anyone had any advice of what to expect and any tips for afterwards. Trying not to feel nervous :S x

January 10, 2016 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hi, I've had 3 laparoscopies and each time I've recovered relatively quickly. Please be firm with the after care team (in the nicest possible way๐Ÿ˜Š) if you're in pain, as you & you alone know your own body. Each time I've had about 6-8 months pain relief but I've always taken about 4 weeks to recover fully before retuning to work.
Good luck x

January 13, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I was absolutely terrified for my surgery, I had it done in November. It really is not as bad as you think it will be. Naturally we make things seem much worse in our heads anticipating it to happen. The best advice is to really let your body heal, two weeks is what I was out for, and it had attached to my appendix which was also removed during surgery. It's one of those, you may think your better but you aren't completely there until those weeks are done. Slowly go back to day to day activities. No matter what, if you can handle the pain of endometriosis, you can handle just about anything. Good luck!

January 12, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hi there, i had my lapro done august 2015, i was very nervous too but it wasnt at all what i thought it would be. I got in there made me wait an hour then i was in the surgery room and woke up like where am i. Didnt want to move. After it took about two weeks for my incisions to heal. I was down for about 4 to 5 days. He prescribed me hydros for the pain which helped me alot. Good luck!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

January 11, 2016
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thanks that's really helpful. I'm a teacher and have arrange 2 weeks off as the little children might knock and hurt me and I don't want to risk it x

January 12, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Atl, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In