Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Stillwater, OK

When you are talking to someone that you dont know very well yet, like a prospective lover, and you get to how you are or your day do you say you're sick? I dont feel sick, it's like a flare up but not really since it never goes away. If I say its my period they wont understand how bad it is, but it's too complicated to get into in a general conversation. Why is it so hard to talk about?

January 28, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Just say "I have endometriosis and today it's causing me some pain". If he wants to know more, he'll ask. If you aren't serious with him yet, don't tell him too much, just the basics. No sense telling someone everything about your endo if it's going to be a short term thing :) Just think of it this way, every time you tell someone (male or female) about your endometriosis you are spreading knowledge and awareness, and that's a wonderful thing.

January 29, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Hi doll,

I'm a very open and honest person, even if I am just having some fun with someone, I tend to let them know what is going on. And nearly every time they have been so understanding. Weather it's that it hurts or that I NEED to use a Condom ( which most guys don't like 🙄) if you give them enough info then they get it xx

January 29, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I agree with Resa. There is no need to hide or omit that we have Endo. I say I have endometriosis and most of the time I find they are either curious or are like okay cool let me know if I can help. Never had a bad experience sharing with anyone. From complete strangers to people I've know for years.

January 30, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Scituate, RI

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Omaha, NE

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In