Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

Dude only get the surgery if you are trying to get pregnant otherwise my pain got worse after my lap. I thought I would have a month or two of relief and nothing at all nothing. Why do you women keep getting surgery after surgery it’s just gonna come back or never go away . What’s the purpose of surgery if not for fertility , I am still in pain 3 period post op , this is crazy

November 26, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

The first time I had surgery I was finally pain free for a year. Some like me had to have the surgery because my insides were so messed up and the birth control did not take care of the endo. Some women their bodies don't accept birth controls.

November 30, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member im totally not feeling surgery again so I’ll just have to suffer it out , unless my fertility depended on it . The gas and shoulder pain really got to me after the surgery , I didn’t have any reproductive pain but the gas and shoulder pain and the healing sharp pains was not fun. I hated it

December 4, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes it is very possible some might have been missed. My doc showed me a pic of microscopic endo she found in me while doing surgery that she excised. If she had never pointed it out, i never would have seen i

December 3, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member that could not be seen , Im sorry

December 3, 2017
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member I had an endometrioma removed during the surgery that's how I found out I had endo. Otherwise , I would have never had exploratory surgery. Im gonna read the report , I am pretty sure I had excision surgery but my doctor said that there could be microscopic endo that can be seen . Just great right...

December 3, 2017

Related Questions

View All