Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Metairie, LA

Does anyone else expierence more pain during ovulation then during your actual period? What pain medicine do you find works the best?

April 22, 2018
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes! It's actually the worst a few days after my period, so technically before ovulation? That time between period and ovulation I have the worst pain. I use my heating pad 2-3 times each night (the pain wakes me up while sleeping) and no pain meds seem to help. I still can't figure out why it's the worst then.

June 8, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes, I’m waiting for my first appointment with gynaecologist so not had any diagnosis yet but endometriosis has been mentioned as a possibility. Nothing showed up on ultrasound. Ovulation is far worse than period pain. I swell up and look pregnant, feel like a lead balloon has been inflated and pulling/stabbing pains, back/hip pain etc. The most crippling part is the fatigue that hits, I just cannot function and have now missed work two consecutive months. I have a big question if it could be endometriosis though given that the problem for me is ovulation not so much period (they’re only painful day 1).

April 28, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes, but my ovary is tethered to my uterus so I figure that’s why. The back pain is unbearable at times.

April 25, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

YES! Ovulation for me is very painful. I know my body all too well and always know when it's coming and on what side! All I want to do is lay in bed. My heating pads are my best friends; I try really hard to avoid pain meds if I can, but I will take Ibuprofen 600 usually. While it may not be an option, I find cannabis works really well with my pain during ovulation and on my period.

April 24, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yes!! And pain meds unfortunetly

April 22, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In