Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rhinebeck, NY

I have pain all month with cramps and I have pain during sex but my gyno doesn't want to do anything about it because it doesn't seem to be that bad. Okay lady i have seen you a couple times and you arent dealing with the same thing. Now my question to anyone who is reading this... How can i find a specialist around me that knows what they are talking about??? When i went to see her she said she did not know much about endo. So apparently i went to the wrong doctor. How do i find a doctor… read more

August 8, 2018
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

You can google Drs around you and look into their educational backgrounds. I was actually right across the street from my specialist and was referred to her by a co-worker! But there’s actually a webpage on FB called Nancy’s Nook, it’s an educational resource NOT a support page, it’s self learning and has some great materials along with a directory of endo excision specialists world wide. You will need to become a member but I can also look into for you if you have any issues! I’m so glad you recognized that you weren’t in the right place! That is the most important step is finding the right Dr! I had an ungodly number of gynecologists I went through before I found mine! Please read my story and don’t make the same mistakes I did! Good luck and God bless!

August 8, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Nancy’s nook on Facebook has a list of endo excision specialists.

August 8, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I can't help u there but i am sure u can look up some differnt gayno dr who deals with endo. In yr area or suburb or state u live in.

August 8, 2018
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

This ^^
Also read this
https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs172
This will give you some ideas of how you should proceed. NICE updates their guidelines every year. And these are supposed to be followed by Doctors 😊

August 8, 2018

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question in Newly Diagnosed group 💭
London, AR

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC