Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alexandria, PA

I had a Laparoscopy done today. My doctor told me to take OTC meds however they are not working. Any suggestions to help? I have already contacted my doctors office about getting something else but they werent expecting an answer until the morning. And i cant sleep.

August 14, 2019 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Along with what Meghan already said, I found the heating pad to be truly helpful. Also, it sounds counterproductive, but small walks around the house promote faster healing. Keep trying to move even though it is difficult. This is coming from personal and professional experience as a nurse :)

August 15, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thank you!

August 15, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Me either. :( If you didn't just have surgery, a bath might dull a little bit.. hopefully they'll be open soon if they aren't yet!

August 15, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yeah, ive been taking both. Its just not working. I had less then 4 hours of sleep last night because of it. I know it will get better, I just dont know what else I can do to get through it.

August 15, 2019
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Yeah, it's tricky since you can only do 20 min on and 20 off. Are you taking both motrin and tylenol? They told me after my surgery, they'll be giving me the max dose of both. I think 1,000 mg of Tylenol and 800 mg of motrin 3 times a day.

August 15, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In