I had a Laparoscopy done today. My doctor told me to take OTC meds however they are not working. Any suggestions to help? I have already contacted my doctors office about getting something else but they werent expecting an answer until the morning. And i cant sleep.
Along with what Meghan already said, I found the heating pad to be truly helpful. Also, it sounds counterproductive, but small walks around the house promote faster healing. Keep trying to move even though it is difficult. This is coming from personal and professional experience as a nurse :)
Thank you!
Me either. :( If you didn't just have surgery, a bath might dull a little bit.. hopefully they'll be open soon if they aren't yet!
Yeah, ive been taking both. Its just not working. I had less then 4 hours of sleep last night because of it. I know it will get better, I just dont know what else I can do to get through it.
Yeah, it's tricky since you can only do 20 min on and 20 off. Are you taking both motrin and tylenol? They told me after my surgery, they'll be giving me the max dose of both. I think 1,000 mg of Tylenol and 800 mg of motrin 3 times a day.