Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harare,Zimbabwe
February 5, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with endometriosis recurrence and the challenges of accessing specialized excision surgery, particularly in... Read more

Members shared their experiences with endometriosis recurrence and the challenges of accessing specialized excision surgery, particularly in countries like the Philippines where it is not widely available. Several members expressed frustration with Zoladex as a treatment option, advocating instead for excision surgery over ablation, with one member praising their doctor in Zimbabwe who was trained in ablation but learned excision and provided compassionate, timely care. A recurring theme was the difficulty of Stage IV endometriosis, the heartbreak of repeated surgeries, and the geographical barriers to receiving proper treatment.

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member,I'm so sorry love, how are you feeling now? I also have stage IV.It sucks.My specialist doctor's name is Dr Bismark Mateveke,he is great,literally the first doctor to care,validate and help me so far,all the way in Zimbabwe that's were I'm from also. I literally hear of waiting lists and am heart broken for other ladies, here we don't have to wait that long.

February 9, 2025 (edited)
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

I just found out excision is not available here in the Philippines

February 9, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

@A MyEndometriosisTeam Member,it's been rough, had another laparoscopy last week,got readmitted to hospital yesterday, they want me to have Zoladex for hormonal treatment, how are you?

February 6, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Gurl how are you?

February 6, 2025
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member

Thank you. I want to get out and walk but it's too cold.

February 17, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Singleton, AU

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, UK