Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyEndometriosisTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭

I'm new here but just went through IVF and the shots apparently caused my polyps to grow. I've been up every night for the past 2 weeks from 2:30-5am with pain shooting from my lower right side of stomach & back down my right leg. I'm new to the diagnosis even though I'm sure I've had it since I was younger. If anyone has any recommendations on pain relief outside of a heating pad please share, I'm desperate. And tired.

October 15, 2025
 · 
Reactions
MyEndometriosisTeam

Beyond heating pads, there are several pain management options that other members have found helpful for nighttime discomfort:

• Warm baths with Epsom salts and essential oils before bed
• TENS units (small portable devices that can provide pain relief through electrical nerve stimulation)
• Anti-inflammatory diet changes Show Full Answer

Beyond heating pads, there are several pain management options that other members have found helpful for nighttime discomfort:

• Warm baths with Epsom salts and essential oils before bed
• TENS units (small portable devices that can provide pain relief through electrical nerve stimulation)
• Anti-inflammatory diet changes (eliminating dairy, processed foods, sugar, gluten)
• Herbal teas like linden flower and raspberry
• CBD oil or medical marijuana (where legal) Important safety note: If using a heating pad at night, use one with an auto-shutoff timer to prevent burns. Some members prefer microwaveable heating pads that naturally cool down over time as a safer alternative for nighttime use.

For immediate relief, try alternating between heat and ice therapy. Some members report this combination can be particularly effective during severe flare-ups.

October 15, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Brooklyn, NY

A MyEndometriosisTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In